- Ownership of complete features including architecture, testing, and release
- Writing API endpoints, schemas, data-handling functions, and other code
- Upholding solid engineering standards and practices, with guidance and feedback from Senior Engineers and our CTO
- Growing with us and participate in group decision-making processes about business, client, and product roadmap to help build the company you want to work for
Who You Are
- You are comfortable across the stack knowing your way around server-side web frameworks, leveraging relational databases to get the job done, and building front-end features to design spec.
- You are passionate about progressive politics and comfortable in a deeply political atmosphere. We’re a mission-driven company, and everything we do is guided by political impact and custom-built for the progressive movement. Politics are an integral part of everyday life at Reach.
- Your engineering skills may be formal or self-taught, but your are always ready to learn new things.
- You are motivated, persistent, and hold yourself to a high standard.
- Python (Flask)
- React.js and React Native
If you aren’t an expert on everything here, don’t worry about it. As long as you are open-minded and game to try new things, we want to hear from you.
- This position is based in Long Island City, NY.
- We are open to a salaried or independent contractor arrangement.
- We offer a compensation package that can include a mix of salary (60k-80k based on experience) and equity.
- Includes paid time off.
We are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the activists that we stand with and fight alongside. We especially encourage women, non-binary people, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.