Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
While every campaign uses Reach differently, the heart of Reach’s utility is simple: it enables you to search within a contact file and instantly record the data and feedback people offer, wherever and whenever you meet them.
Some example uses of Reach from past campaigns:
- Canvassing in high-traffic public places. Street corners, subway platforms, farmers markets, little league games, church gatherings, or even dog parks are prime spaces to connect with people. Deputize Reach users within these popular areas and have them talk to as many folks as possible.
- While Door-Knocking. So often, when you knock on doors to canvass, the person who answers the door is not who you were expecting. Don’t let that stop you! Ask the person who answered the door if you can find them in your contact database to record their support.
- While phone-banking or P2P texting. Texting the wrong number shouldn’t mean the end of a good conversation. Just ask the person who responded to you if they also support your campaign. Then, look them up in Reach to record their data. If someone you’re texting says, “my wife and kids are also supporting XYZ,” use our Household Search tool to gather responses from the whole family.
- Event Check-In. Use Reach at the entrance to events and gather responses from everyone who comes through the door. This is a great way to make the most out of every event and voter contact.
- Throughout normal life. Canvassing shouldn’t be limited to pre-planned shifts assigned by the campaign. With Reach. canvassing can happen anywhere and at any time! Whether you’re in line at the grocery store, folding clothes alongside neighbors at the laundromat, or schmoozing with your Uber driver, try to Reach them.
The sky is the limit. Every campaign finds new and exciting ways to use Reach that we’ve never even imagined. Have you come up with a unique way to Reach people? Let us know about it so we can add it to the list!