EFFECTIVE DATE: AUGUST 3, 2018
Our website address is: https://www.reach.vote.
We need some data about you to provide the Services, to communicate with you, and to help us make the Reach platform the best it can be. We don’t need much data, but we’ve been told that we’re supposed to explain what we collect and what we do with it. So here goes…
1. DATA WE COLLECT
Data You Provide
Reach collects data from you when you choose to share it with us. This is typically when you create a Reach account, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, or otherwise contact us. The data we collect may include your name, email address, and mobile telephone number. We really don’t have much on you.
Data Automatically Collected
Whenever you use the Services, we collect some data. We can’t help it! Data is everywhere. Our IT team runs around with butterfly nets swooping data out of mid-air. Maybe that’s not quite right, but you get the picture. When you’re using the Services we’re collecting certain data to help keep the whole thing running and so we can make the Services even better.
Please note that we automatically collect the following data about you:
- Computer or Device. We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier or data from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Services, including the browser type, device type, operating system, software version, hardware model, mobile network data, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services.
- Usage Information. We also may collect data about your use of the Services, including the date and time you visit the Services, the areas or pages of the Services that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Services, and other sites that you may visit The data may be used to help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page, email and mobile application movements/activities, and help identify or gather broad demographic data.
- Location. We collect general data about where traffic on our Services are coming from. This can include location data from your device or sometimes we use IP address to understand where you are connecting to the Services from. This is used at an aggregate level (that does not identify individual users) to create reports to better understand our engagement with users. It will also enable us to provide some handy location-based features which will help you get the most out of the Services.
- Cookies. They’re delicious. We use these tasty treats and related tools like web beacons, pixel tags, log files, HTML5 cookies, or other technologies to automatically collect data about your online activity. We also like doughnuts and muffins.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support our Services. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store data.
Combination of Data
We may combine the data we receive from and about you, including data you provide to us and data we automatically collect through our Services, as well as data collected offline, or across other computers or devices that you may use.
2. DATA USE
Here’s a really boring list of how we use the data we collect from and about you:
- To respond to your inquiries and contact you when necessary;
- To review the usage and operations of our Services, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content and services;
- To provide you with customized Services and content via email, text message or push notification;
- To let you know about other campaigns and programs on the Services that may be of interest to you;
- To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from us or on behalf of our partners;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes
- To address problems with the Services or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business; and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your data or otherwise with your consent.
3. DATA WE SHARE
When we were growing up, we never really wanted to share our toys. We did when we had to (or because we were told we had to), but we didn’t like it. Now that we’re (mostly) grown up, we’re pretty much the same way when it comes to your data. Sometimes we need to share your data, and sometimes it’s helpful to share your data to make the Services better. Here’s our list of how we share your data:
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and the Services, or administer activities on our behalf. (We can’t do this all by ourselves! So sometimes we get help.)
- Campaigns and Other Organizations: We may share your data with the campaigns or organizations with which you are participating. Your data may also be shared with third parties we identify at the time you provide your personal data or otherwise with your consent. These entities’ use of such data is subject to their respective privacy policies.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal data with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
- Other: We also may share your data as disclosed to you at the time of collection
4. YOUR RIGHTS
Cookies, Tracking Options, and California Do Not Track Disclosures
For California Residents: Certain parts of our Services require cookies. You are free to adjust your device or Internet browser settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Services or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device’s settings or your Internet browser’s “Help” section for more data on how to delete and/or disable your device or browser from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
Other Choices Concerning the Use and Disclosure of Your Data
If you receive promotional emails from Reach, we provide you with the opportunity to update you data or opt-out of having you data used for these purposes. To opt-out of promotional communications, you may:
- Send us an e-mail at [email protected], or
- Unsubscribe from our email communications at any time by unsubscribing or following the instructions contained within the email.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal data to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected]. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete data.
5. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
The Services may have links to third-party websites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites. The Services probably won’t have links to breakfast links, hot links recipes, golf links, or chain link fences. But if they do, then we’re not responsible for those either.
6. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. We do not direct the Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal data from, children under the age of thirteen. If we learn that a child under age 13 has provided personal data through the Services, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such data from our files.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the data we collect from and about you. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US