As a Front-end Engineer on a small team, you’ll be working full-time on our native and web apps. We pride ourselves on shipping features and fixes at a high frequency so our amazing clients can start using them. You will collaborate with our whole product team to develop new features from design through QA and deploy.
- Ownership of the front-end implementation of new features including architecture, development, testing, and release
- Refactoring of existing code to comply with technical and style standards
- Reviewing code from other engineers
- Upholding solid engineering standards and practices, with guidance and feedback from Senior Engineers and our CTO
- Growing with us and participating in group decision-making processes about business, client, and product roadmap to help build the company you want to work for
Who You Are
- You are comfortable across the React (Native) and Redux stack (or similar), building front-end features from a design spec, working with REST and GraphQL endpoints.
- You are passionate about progressive politics and comfortable in a deeply political atmosphere. We’re a mission-driven company, and everything we do is guided by political impact and custom-built for the progressive movement. Politics are an integral part of everyday life at Reach.
- Your engineering skills may be formal or self-taught, but you are always ready to learn new things.
- You are motivated, persistent, and hold yourself to a high standard.
- React.js, React Native (Expo), and React Native for Web
- Hasura and GraphQL
- Python and Postgres on the backend (but you may not be working with this)
If you aren’t an expert on everything here, don’t worry about it. As long as you are open-minded and game to try new things, we want to hear from you.
Note: Due to the pandemic, we are all working remotely right now, but hope to get back to office when possible. Check out more info about our office and Reach in general on our main Jobs page.
- This position is based in Long Island City, NY but we’re open to a remote arrangement for the right candidate.
- We are open to a salaried or independent contractor arrangement.
- We offer a salary of 84k which is a transparent and flat salary across the whole company.
- Includes paid time off, health insurance (Silver Plan fully covered), dental, vision, and paid family leave.
We are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the activists that we stand with and fight alongside. We especially encourage women, non-binary people, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.