Senior Product Engineer
Reach Progress PBC is building an app that helps progressive organizations harness their people-power like never before. Since we first built the product on the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez campaign in 2018, over 100,000 organizers across 1000 campaigns, labor unions, and non-profits have used the tool. In the coming months, we are designing and building out features which will make the app an even more critical part of the progressive organizing toolkit of some of the largest and highest profile campaigns this cycle. We are in the process of expanding technical and support infrastructure accordingly.
We are a fast-moving, boldly progressive Public Benefit Corporation based in Queens, NY. Our fully-remote team is made up of passionate activists, engineers, designers, and organizers who have come together to build a product we all care deeply about. Our customers are the candidates, campaigns, and organizations who are building the future and fighting for social, racial, economic, and environmental justice. Our users are the grassroots activists that are changing the word.
To learn more about the company culture and unique transparency at Reach, check out our main jobs page.
As a Senior Product Engineer on a small team, you’ll be full-time engineering across the full-stack, releasing early and often in a continuous deployment environment. You will collaborate with our whole product team to develop new features in large-scale web and native applications. You will be focused on working with the DNC’s team and ours to bring new features to our product that support organizers, volunteers, and Democratic supporters to have conversations that engage and activate the people closest in their lives.
- Ownership of complete features including architecture, testing, and release
- Writing API endpoints, schemas, data-handling functions, and other code
- Upholding solid engineering standards and practices, with guidance and feedback from Senior Engineers and our CTO
- Growing with us and participate in group decision-making processes about business, client, and product roadmap to help build the company you want to work for
- Interfacing, collaborating, and communicating clearly with the product and technical teams at the DNC
Who You Are
- You are comfortable across the stack: knowing your way around server-side web frameworks, leveraging relational databases to get the job done, and building front-end features to design spec.
- You ideally have 3+ years of professional work experience, including project leadership positions and ideally in startups where you’ve seen things scale (and break).
- You are passionate about progressive politics and comfortable in a deeply political atmosphere. We’re a mission-driven company, and everything we do is guided by political impact and custom-built for the progressive movement. Politics are an integral part of everyday life at Reach.
- Your engineering skills may be formal or self-taught, but you are always ready to learn new things.
- You are motivated, persistent, and hold yourself to a high standard.
- Python (Flask and FastAPI)
- React.js and React Native
If you aren’t an expert on everything here, don’t worry about it. As long as you are open-minded and game to try new things, we want to hear from you.
- This position is fully remote, but you should be able to collaborate with the team between 10am and 6pm ET.
- We offer salary of $101k which is a transparent and flat salary across the whole company.
- Benefits include end-of-year profit sharing, health insurance, vision, dental, 401(k), commuter benefits, paid time off, and paid family leave.
We will continue accepting applications until the role is filled, but the Priority Deadline for application submission is Monday, June 12.
We are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of the activists that we stand with and fight alongside. We especially encourage women, non-binary people, people of color, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.