Released December 14, 2021 in the App Store and Play Store
This update brings major improvements to many aspects of Reach for both users and admins including a beautifully redesigned, faster, easier-to-use Person screen and a brand new approach to Contact Information which is more flexible, useful, and secure.
- We have completely redesigned the Person screen. This is the screen you see when interacting with a voter/member/person in the app. The new tabbed design is faster and easier to use, with tons of new features and improved flows now available. There is also a new view for this screen when using Reach in the browser or on tablets. Some features of the new screen include:
- A new Contact Info tab letting you take advantage of all the new features mentioned in the next section.
- Separate tabs for Survey Questions and Linked Campaign Survey Questions.
- New colored-background in the header indicates the person’s response to your Primary Question
- New Location tab gives you an easy view of the current person’s address, edit it if needed, and browse a list of other people at that address right there on the same screen.
- New Voting History tab gives you a glanceable view of how this person has voted in the past, when available.
- It’s easier than ever to add and remove tags from a person.
- You can add someone to your Network right from the header, faster than before.
- The way Contact Information is stored in Reach is all new. Some of the new features include:
- Store and see multiple phone numbers and email addresses on a person
- Choose whether or not you want to share the contact info you add to Reach with your campaigns
- Distinguish between contact info provided by your campaign, versus items you’ve added
- Mark campaign-provided contact information as wrong, give it a thumbs up, or opt it out of hearing from the campaign,
- Choose which phone number or email address to use every time you contact a person
- Choose and apply custom labels to each piece of contact information
- You can add more than one piece of contact information when creating a Reach Add
- You can choose contact information privacy settings when importing your contacts.
- You can now more reliably use the keyboard when interacting with pop-ups by typing Enter or Escape to take action.
- Our pop-ups and dialog boxes are now more accessible to those using screen readers and keyboard-driven interactions.
- Speed improvements throughout the app
- Many bug fixes and stability improvements when using Offline Data Sets
- The notification toggle for chat notification on the web app wasn’t working.
- The notifications and indicator dots for unread chat messages are more reliable.
- Various other bug fixes throughout the app.
- When creating an Action Card, Reach can now automatically send a push notification to your users to promote it and direct them to it.
- Action Cards can now be targeted so they are only visible to specific users or groups of users.
- When generating exports, Reach can now email you to let you know a long-running export is done and include a link to let you download it directly from the email.
- It is now possible to remove your Primary Question entirely.
- It is now possible to have multiple question sets active at the same time.
- Relationship Types are no longer editable per campaign, so the Network Admin Screen has been removed.
- The link to edit your user profile from the admin header was broken. It has been removed and replaced with a quick link to exist Admin.
- Long strings like URLs in the content of an Action Card could break the layout of the admin screen.
- In some cases, you could not properly select tags when setting up a People export.