Released February 11, 2019
Welcome to February. Along with the Polar Vortex comes a Reach Feature Vortex! Ours is less frigid and more fun! When we think back a year ago today, we were out in the streets collecting signatures to get AOC on the ballot. Now we’re busting out features to help you canvass! Stay warm out there.
- New Voter Profile Save Behavior – So you’ve just gathered a bunch of responses from a voter. Are they saved? Are you sure? We had heard from a bunch of you that it was too easy to forget to save things you had entered on the voter profile screen, and we just can’t have you losing precious data, now can we?
- So we’ve redesigned the voter profile save behavior. Now, instead of each field auto-saving or saving only when you tap an easy-to-miss “submit” button, we’ve built a new “Edit Mode” into that screen. As soon as you modify anything about a voter (a question response or a contact info field) you’ll find yourself whisked away into Edit mode where you’ll see a “Cancel” button in the top left and a “Save” button in the top right. These buttons will do exactly what it sounds like they’ll do. Tap save to send your changes to your campaign and tap cancel to forget everything you’ve done and pretend it never happened. Attempt to leave this screen without saving and we’ll check yourself before you wreck yourself. Try us!
- As a nice side-affect of this change, all your button taps on question responses will feel more immediate and won’t depend on your network connection speed.
- Cleaned up the interface a bit to keep things in tip top shape.
- Easier tapping! We made the touch targets of our buttons bigger and easier to mash with clumsy human fingers.
- In Android, user profile changes were not saving properly. They will now!
- Laid some behind-the-scenes groundwork for our next big release coming soon!