Released February 1, 2021
When you’re running a campaign to change the world, you’re a busy person. Ain’t nobody got time for figuring out complicated controls for Reach or sending emails when you have questions about tech support or billing. So, in this version, we’ve made a bunch of improvements to the Reach Admin experience to make things even easier. It is now easier to control how your Reach campaign works, easier to manage billing, and easier to get help when you need it! There is now much less screen-switching necessary to achieve common tasks in Admin, leaving you more free moments to bug your candidate about call time!
Nothing in this version.
- New Feature Toggle: Allow adding new people. You’re already familiar with the ability to add new people to Reach (i.e. “Reach Adds”) when you can’t find a person you’ve search for in the campaign’s data set. Well, some campaigns and organizations really want to avoid Reach adds, since they aren’t matched back to the underlying data set, so now it is possible for you to turn the whole “Reach Adds” feature off entirely. When it’s off, your users will not have any way to add new people (unmatched to the your data set) via search or contact import. You can disable or re-enable the feature whenever you want from the redesigned Campaign Settings screen.
- New Billing Admin! You can now add/edit payment methods, change your billing contact, and download receipts of past payments. Any campaign owner will find links to Billing admin from the Organization Details screen.
- Access Reach Help and Live Chat right from Admin! Now anyone using the Admin Dashboard will see a help menu in the top right corner. Use this menu to link straight to our Knowledge Base, Support Email, Feedback Page, and even live support chat right from within the admin dashboard (from 10am-6pm ET)! We can’t wait to talk to you!
- Redesigned Campaign Settings! It is now way easier and move obvious how to control all the various features of Reach for your campaign. You’ll see toggle switches for all of the Reach features you can control, both from the right column of the Campaign Settings screen, and from each individual feature’s screen. In the left column, we’ve streamlined the fields you can complete and you’ll see a new separate block for “Privacy Settings”.
- Easier export Unique ID controls. Rather than having to keep track of the “Primary Export Column” on the campaign settings screen, we’ve now moved this control to the Export screen where it makes more sense. Now, as you’re pulling each export, you can decide which Unique ID it should include.
- We fixed a bug in the template tag picker which was leading to unexpected clicking behavior or sometimes needing more than one click to get the job done. Now, as soon as you click “Copy” for a given template tag, the pop-up will close and you’ll be ready to paste it where it belongs.